Thursday 31 August 2023

Finding self acceptance and kindness through yoga

The earliest memory of doing yoga I have was watching Ali McGraw’s yoga video and trying to copy it while sitting on a folded up quilt in my living room when I was around 12 years old. 

Since then yoga has come and gone in my life reappearing to help me when my body and mind needed it. Whether it was to strengthen my body relax my tense muscles or calm my racing mind with meditation. In the last couple years especially I cannot imagine my life without a yoga practice and meditation. 

During the pandemic (A very tense time for us all) making the switch from working in an office to working from home my yoga practice moved to my lunch hours helping to curb the stress of the day as well as finding clarity to solve problems I was having during my day. 

I’m excited to continue my journey and deepen my practice with the YCW Teacher training after starting 8 years ago! While returning to it was always something I wanted to do I needed that time to be kind to myself. To understand that I don’t have to be perfect at every aspect of yoga that I just have to do my best and accept support both mentally and physically (hurray for bolsters). 

Here’s to more knowledge, kindness and triangle pose! 
Kate K

No comments:

Post a Comment