Friday 23 July 2021

Yoga is My Medicine



As life throws us curveballs we are left feeling overworked, stressed about what we can’t control and left with feelings of anxiousness and worry. Our mind suffers, our body suffers and everyday seems like a struggle.   
I suffered over 20 years of chronic pain from 3 herniated discs, then anxiety and depression from all the pain.  

I then found yoga and meditation.
It was a process but I didn’t realize where it would take me.  I came to Yoga Centre Winnipeg for my first class and haven’t stopped in 5 yrs. 
I found the instructors to have such compassion and understanding. They guided me gently through restorative yoga for months which allowed me to feel safe and release some long time built-up tension. 
My knowledge and interest grew and I began some meditation. I felt the positive change. My anxieties diminished, my thoughts felt calm and no longer overwhelming and my body felt no pain.  I could move in ways I never thought was possible again for me.  
I knew so many people that were suffering and felt I could set an example by becoming a yoga instructor to inspire others that they too can get past the pain, regain flexibility, strength and confidence to do what they love in life.   
Yoga is for anyone…learning to listen to your body, calm your mind with breath and find yourself once again is an experience like no other.  
The Yoga Centre Teacher training program was as much an inspiration and it is a well developed and thorough program.  My future is brighter, I am healthier and stronger than ever. And I now ride the wave of life instead of resisting it!!   
Yoga is my medicine…thanks to Yoga Centre Winnipeg!

Audrey D.

No comments:

Post a Comment